Friday, August 15, 2008

Buckhead Night of Worship

As I said in my last post, Amanda and I had a hot date last night for our two month anniversary. We went to an awesome Night of Worship at Buckhead Church. This night was all about worshiping, praying and taking communion. Sunday's typically comprise of a few songs so Buckhead does something like this every once and awhile...

It was phenomenal. Music was great and the presence of God was felt big time. It's so insane to hear 2500 voices in unison praising our Heavenly Father.

I was able to get in a lot of prayer throughout the evening and at one point I just said "God, I want to go balls for the wall for you". I even kind of laughed after I said it...But seriously, I've been totally luke warm lately and I don't like it. It's always great to have a kick in the tail like I did last night.

Also, last night, the team at Buckhead Church talked about the launch of the Buckhead Music Project. Basically, a lot of the musicians that play on Sunday mornings (And they are stupid talented) are going to be playing different bars, clubs and venues around the Buckhead area. It's not going to be all praise music but more of their own stuff that they've written. And I can honestly say that the musicians and singers that rock out on Sunday mornings are very talented...It should be pretty cool and hopefully spur some conversations...I'm looking forward to it...Check it out here

Two post in one night...I'm going to bed now...

No comments: