Sunday, January 13, 2008

Macho Macho Man...


That's right ladies and gents...I'm fixin' to be a macho man...With the wedding 154 days away and me in horrible shape and fat,,,it's on homies!!!

Last week I began my quest to 170...And the starting point...206lbs!!! Holy crap that's ridiculous...In all seriousness, I am all about dropping the lbs. before the wedding but it's also all about getting to a healthier lifestyle for the long term...

So, last week was the first week on this quest and I think I did pretty darn good. First off, I signed up at the YMCA as my official gym of choice. And believe it or not, I woke up at 5am every morning this week and hit it up. Nothing crazy...Just a little cardio action and light weights to get back into the swing of things. Then Saturday, the new roomie Jim took Amanda and I through the paces at his gym (he's a personal trainer). Amanda smoked me and I was extremely sore today but I went back to the YMCA for 20 laps in the pool...No ladies, I didn't wear my speedo...7 Days down...7 lbs. down to 199...Not bad...

I need all 7 people that read this thing to hold me accountable to staying on this program for the long term.

I just said 7 a lot didn't I???

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm on the same journey you are, man. 7 days into mine too. My problem is that Kim is a great cook!

Unknown said...

I can't believe that you weighed 206!!!! That's more than Pops. I'm proud of you for getting that baby fat off since you're going to be a married man in a few months. Keep up the good work and remember... keeping it off is the hardest part. Love you, Mimi

Anonymous said...

Right there with ya buddy. Just started that nutrisystem thing like 2 weeks ago and its basically like starvation. The cat is starting to look like a furry tasty treat. Keep it up buddy!

Anonymous said...

The Bruce Lee Project is in effect. Bruce'll keep you honest.