Monday, January 14, 2008

Just One More Reason...

On Saturday, Amanda and I worked for about 3 hours on wedding stuff including that thing that should have been done long ago...The Budget...As we were going through the excel spreadsheet, I felt anxiety just totally well up in me and I starting sweating things big time as the numbers starting summing up. It was not good. Fortunately I have a rock star fiancee that brought me back down to earth. Still though, when I went out with the boys on Sat. night I was still kind of boo bears and just wasn't very stoked about things...

Well on Sunday morning when I arrived and got my UpStreet lesson, it was on a passage that I read quite a bunch...WORRY! I've read Matthew 6:25-34 like eight thousand times because I'm the ultimate worry wort. You name it, I've worried about it. So as we were going through the lesson and talking about stewardship and worry, God smacked me straight in the gut..."This lesson isn't only for these 3rd graders, it's for YOU."

I was totally focusing on the things that I didn't have and what I couldn't get and didn't really stop and say, "I'm marrying the raddest person on earth and it doesn't matter where we go on our honeymoon."

Thanks for the punch in the gut God. I need it sometimes. I actually need it more.

No comments: