Saturday, December 1, 2007

My New Pal Steve

In my post here, I shout out to Mr. Jobs to hook me up because of my lameness and my new found love of all things Apple. Just to reiterate, the IPhone is sick and I want one. Well, last Wednesday as I was minding my own business doing my deal at work, I receive a box from AI. Huh? I think to myself. I recognize the box as being from Apple and get kind of excited inside and somewhat confused because I know I haven’t ordered anything from them…

So I open up the box, tear through some bubble wrap and see a micro envelop addressed to yours truly. My heart begins to thump…I open the envelop and pull out a little note…What does it say you ask?


Boom, bang, sha-zaam, holy I-Phone….WHAT!!!! Steve Jobs reads my lame blog and sends me an IPhone. At this point, I’m in a cold sweat, totally disregarded anything I was doing and did cartwheels around the office bragging about how Steve and me were bros and I was going to spend Christmas with him and his family…Ok, some extrageration here but I was pretty stoked…

Now, I could end here and you all would think that Steve and me drink Lattes together whenever he’s in Atlanta but I don’t want to make people jealous...

Later in the day, I found out that ol' Pops was the one behind all of this. Pretty good stuff...I also learned that my work doesn't support the I-Phone so they wouldn't pay for it...Streams of tears rolled down my face as I realized I would have to give it back. Boo bears to me...

So I took it back to the Apple Store and exchanged it for the phoneless IPod Touch. I'm pretty stoked on it although I would love to have the IPhone...
I'm still Dancin' on the Ceilin'

2 comments:

Brownman said...

Thanks for the laugh bro. O what a feeling!

Anonymous said...

I am just happy that you actually used the term boo bears in the blog so I could show people why I have been saying that ridiculous, yet manly, phrase!