Thursday, November 15, 2007

Rocky Top

I greatly apologize on my tardiness on the blog but I’ve been kind of busy with a whole bunch of stuff. I have several things that I want to write about so I need to get on the stick...

So here ya go…

Friday, late in the afternoon the boss man said “Yes or no, do you want tickets to the Tennessee game tomorrow?”

Me: “Give me a sec”…”How many?”

Boss: “Four”

A couple of phone calls and arm twisting later, it was on. Knoxville or bust to watch a team that I really don’t root for but who cares, I’ve never been to a college football game much less a SEC game.

So Amanda, Nay Nay, The Doche and I headed up at about 7am on Sat. morning. The drive to Knoxville was pretty chill and we got there about 20 minutes before game time. Of course, Amanda had to patronize a local bookstore and get all oranged out. Like I just said, I’ve never been to a college football game so going to one of the biggest stadiums in the country was incredible. The amount of orange that I saw that day will be forever be engrained into my brain. It was crazy. I can’t imagine what would have happened if I went to such a big school.

The game was awesome and we had great seats. Tennessee ended up putting a spank down on Arkansas so people were pretty pumped. After the game, we headed back South. On the way back, we watched about 10 episodes of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia on my new toy…Covered in the next post…

Team Spirit

Ridiculous amounts of orange

More team spirit

Post game at a local watering hole

1 comment:

WT said...

dude, that is flippin' sweet. your boss is putting some big (orange) cheese into getting those nice seats too - i can speak from experience at UGA. Next time, come to A-town and tailgate with my crew (way more fun than getting there 20 mins before). Red & black look so much better on people than prisoner urnge anyway...