Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Lasers, Fireworks, Music and Friends

This past weekend turned out to be freakin' outstanding. I knew I was going to be busy and hanging with a bunch of my buds but for some reason I didn't think it was going to be so fun.

Friday night, Amanda and I cruised to Stone Mountain to see the laser show. Besides for some corny "The South will Rise Again" type stuff, it was pretty cool. Lasers and fireworks combined are always a good thing. The music selection was decent although they did play a Toby Keith patriotic ballad. All in all....Cool stuff....

Saturday, a bunch of us headed up to Northpoint for the annual singles event Gig on the Grass. Basically, it's an outdoor concert on a huge lawn area. We brought our grub and a few blankets to enjoy the show. They had a great playlist ranging from 80's Power Ballads, Country, Top 40 and of course "Sweet Home Alabama". I would say that there were about 15 of us in the group but saw a whole bunch more people that we knew. Great times.

What else you ask.....Well on Sunday after Church my buddy Christopher called and said he and his wife were going to be in the Highlands for Summer Fest. I had nothing going on so I met him and Karen down there along with her friends. Basically, Summer Fest is a bunch of people selling art and other knick knack stuff along the streets with a bunch of food vendors and a free concert. Marc Broussard was the headliner for the evening and him and his crew tore it up. If you haven't heard Marc B I highly suggest you invest 99 cents and get a few songs.

Wow, big weekend I tell ya. Great music, cool lasers, great times with good friends....What more can a guy ask for....?????

The Three Leaders of the South etched into the thing they call Stone Mountain
Firework Fun.....Mr. Charlie along with ElaineAmanda and Cary getting their dance on....
Pretty cool stage for a "church" event....One of many pictures I have of Jim with this face.....
Cold chillin' waiting for the show to begin
Say cheeeeeesssseeee!!!!!!!!


No comments: