Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Why my job doesn't suck....

Regardless of how much you like your job, there are times when you just want to bounce out and try something else. I think it's a natural feeling that most people get if they dig their job. I am one of those people. We've been extremely busy at the office here lately and I've been kind of blah about things. Well, this week I got a huge re-charge in my batteries and remembered why I like my job, my company and the industry I work in.

Every year, we invite our boat builders we do business with to show them new programs, pricing and product. The last couple years, it has been more about programs and pricing opposed to product. The product is the fun part in my industry though. This year was a much different story though. We held our meeting in Chattanooga, TN and at our test center in Bridgeport, AL. The whole meeting, cocktail party, jibber jabber stuff was cool but the fun started yesterday as we headed to the test center to run product on the Tennessee River. What a blast!!!! I hadn't been on the water for a while so this was a much needed adventure.

We had 14 boats in the water ranging from a 14ft. Aluminum Boat to a 36' Contender Offshore boats with triple F350's (More on this later). I think I was able to get on 9 of the 14 boats. And to make things even better it was about 85 degrees outside. I love it....

A few of the fleet resting before more testing...

This is the 360 Grady White Express with twin F350s. Nice boat. Wait, I take that back...Extremely nice boat. Those are some Japanese staff that were getting their first taste of the action of this beast.

This is the Contender 36 I mentioned before. Imagine a 36 foot thing with 1050 HP strapped to the back. Bad to the bone is all I have to say. 70 mph!!!!! And I got paid yesterday for driving this thing....

Here are the three beasts that power this big boy...Not two "O's" but three "O's" in Gooose boys...
And this is the free hairstyling you get when you run boats all day....That's called boat head. Sweet huh??

No comments: