Monday, April 30, 2007

Moneyball

In a previous post, I said that I bought four new books...Well one down and three to go. I've been reading more spiritual/self help type books lately so I wanted to change it up a bit. Moneyball was definitely that.

I wouldn't say that I'm a baseball freak but I'm pretty close. It's just one of those things that I've always been close to so this book hit the spot. Essentially it was the story of the Oakland A's strategy of building a baseball team with limited financial resources. The story focused around the General Manager of the team Billy Beane. All in all it was an outstanding read that went real quick. It was fun to turn the pages and recognize the names of several players, coaches, media folk, etc.

Even if you don't like baseball but like an overall business type book you'll dig this. If you like baseball, you will like it even more.

So there you go, my first book review. I just started reading my second of the four books and I'll let you know when that one is finished....The next one may be a tad more controversial to some...We shall see.

No comments: