Sunday, May 20, 2007

A Georgia Treasure

I'd have to say that it has been a fun filled action packed weekend. It's not quite done but I wanted to post something before I left the house again. The highlight, or at least something totally new for me this weekend was the hiking trip a bunch of us took to Amicalola Falls.

Nestled just away just an hour from Atlanta is a majestic state park filled with trees, wild life, streams and a couple of waterfalls. I think we had a total of about 12 people there. A couple of my buds along with some peeps I haven't met before. We got up there around 11 and got our hike on for a few hours. The hike to the top of the falls is pretty gnarly. It's a huge set of stairs that they built so people could hike up. It took about 40 minutes or so to get up and then we chilled up there for a while before we took the long route back down.

When we got back down we had a little quiet reflection time and prayer session. It was a great way to say thanks to the man upstairs for this great place He has blessed us with.

All in all a great day with a bunch of cool folks....

Here's some pics with even more right here

Here's the treasure they call Amicalola

425 Steps to the Summit....After a 175 to base camp....Oxygen please

Before we scaled the mighty falls we had to take the advice and get our stretch on....

The View from the Top...

The Park Ranger let me hold her owl, his name was Owl "Capone"....

No comments: