Sunday, April 15, 2007

A Somewhat Bitter Sweet Sunday

Today marked the last day at the current Buckhead Church. That's right, the old grocery store held its last services today. We are headed into our new building beginning on May 6th. The grocery store had this real intimate feeling that I will miss but what a great opportunity we have to have a bunch of empty seats in this new building to invite our friends that haven't heard the Good News or have been turned off by Church before.

It was a little over two years ago that I was wanting to get back to Church and happened to find Buckhead in lo and behold...The Yellowpages of all places...And I am sure glad that I did. I've met a bunch of new friends, get to hang out with 15 little kids on Sunday mornings, got Baptized and have learned how much God wants to have a personal relationship with us. It's just so awesome. Although the grocery store will be missed, the new building is going to be absolutely incredible with amazing opportunity to make a difference in the community.

You'll be missed but not forgotten

1 comment:

Curt said...

Dude. You are so money. I miss the little cronies!