Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Humbled Heart

The last couple weeks (or months) have been this weird roller coaster ride of emotions for me. I get fired up when I'm busy but whenever I have any down time whatsoever, my mind wonders to some places that it shouldn't and I get pretty bummed out. During this period, I've had lots of time for self-reflection and I've realized a lot of things about myself that I'm not too stoked about and am in the process of change. To sum it up, I've been pretty bummed out lately. It has brought me so much closer to God which is a good thing but has eaten me up inside.

Well on Friday night, a couple buddies and me headed down to Downtown Atlanta to feed the homeless. Basically, it's a van of about 4 or 5 people that bring food and clothes down on Friday nights. It happens every Friday night so the people are there waiting to get their grub on. Before the actual food thing begins, this young dude gets up and preaches for about 10 minutes or so. It was freakin' awesome to hear these homeless people get all fired up on God regardless of their situation. I talked to a few people that were out of the street and it was amazing to me how incredibly positive they were. It was really a humbling experience that really made me think that my little issues (although they suck) aren't really that bad in the grand scheme of things.

I'll definitely be heading down there again as it was really a good time and got to chat with some interesting people that have been dealt a tough deck of cards but are dealing with it.

No comments: