Thursday, July 10, 2008

Rehearsal (Drama) and Dinner...

Throughout the entire week leading up to our wedding, it was fairly stress free...Busy but not crazy stupid tear your hair out stressful...Until Friday...

It started off with a somewhat hectic morning with more taping, picking up wedding gifts, dropping off rental cars and then off to dance rehearsal and taping...Once again,,,all gravy...

The gang ripped off several rehearsals and were looking tight...Right about lunch time as we sit down to grub, my sister is wincing...This doesn't appear to be good...Finally, we talked her into telling us what was wrong and apparently her bum knee had popped out of place and was not going back in...No bueno...Shan's supposed to be in the dance the next day and she has a leg dangling out of place. After a few phone calls, producers being all up in our face trying to catch the ensuing drama and me finally about to lose it, I say "I'm taking her to the hospital." So Shan and me hop in the car and head to the emergency room to get her leg fixed up. Mind you, we have our rehearsal in just a couple of hours and for any of those that have never been into an emergency room know it's not a quick process...Oh yeah, my sister is not only in the dance but is a bridesmaid as well...And, I'm the groom and kind of have to be at the rehearsal...

After a couple of hours at the hospital with the sis' my parents relieve me so I can go to the rehearsal. Rehearsal starts at 4 and I'm way late...I'm stressed needless to say...My parents aren't able to come to the rehearsal, my sis' is down with a bum leg, people are waiting on me and to top it off one of my groomsman calls me at 4:30 to ask "What time he needs to be there?" I'll be honest, a few four letter words were uttered at that point...

Once I finally arrived, everything ran pretty smooth. Our Pastor and wedding coordinator did a great job on keeping everyone on track...Truthfully, it was tough to keep my cool throughout the entire time because my dad, mom and sister weren't there...

After rehearsal, we headed off to Buco di Peppo for dinner...Great time...Something like 60 people...Shags and my dad put the whole thing together with a great menu and lots of great wine. My parents and my sis' finally showed up about an hour into dinner...

We had a great time telling stories to everyone about the members in our wedding party and had lots of awesome Italian food...

Needless to say, it was a somewhat stressful day that ended on a high note...We all headed back to the Hyatt where mostly everyone was staying and was able to see a bunch of friends that had gotten in for the ATL...I headed home with the folks that night to try and get some sleep while Amanda and the bridesmaids had a suite and stayed at the hotel...

More pics...

My bride and pops in law...
The ladies...
My boys...
Our ring bearer Mason and Flower Girl Ally...
My voice of reason while I was kind of wadded up...Pastor Isaac...If you live in So Cal, go see him at Rock Harbor in Costa Mesa...Great place...
Shags came up big by telling everyone the menu and wine selection for the evening...
Homeboy Dave from Vegas...
Mims and Pops...Freakin' love them...
Amanda, Amira and Sarah...
Just entirely too cute to not show...He's a cool little dude...

More stuff and pics to come...Playing catch up ball big time with this stuff...

I'm actually in Sarasota, FL right now missing the living crap out of my wife...Be home soon baby doll...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this blog stuff. It's so much fun to look at all the pictures and read about what went on. By the way... Mims and Pops sure are a handsome pair. Love you, Mims