Sunday, May 18, 2008

An interesting way to solve a problem...

It's late...And I should be gazing at the back of my eyelids. But I'm not...

Just finished Boomsday by Christopher Buckley. Great read and quick. Read it in a flight to and from DC and a few hours after that.

Political satire at its finest. Basic premise of the book is the boomers retiring and the gen X/Yers are having to pay for social security. To solve the problem, main character proposes "Voluntary Transitioning" for those at age 70. If you get Jack Kevorkian, your kids and grandkids get tax breaks.

Author also wrote Thank You for Smoking.

Super stoked on two books I bought today...Two pastors that challenge me via podcasts every week. Really looking forward to getting into those through the next two weeks of traveling.

Good night...

No comments: