Friday, December 28, 2007

My Friend Curt

Let's turn the clock back to July of 2005...

I headed into a thing called GroupLink at Buckhead Church where I was getting into a "small group" with 6 to 8 other dudes...Well, I did and right now there's one on a plane headed down to La Paz, Bolivia as a long term missionary serving God with a passion that I've never experienced first hand.

My buddy Curt is one of the most amazing dudes I've ever met and I feel so blessed that God put him into my life for the past couple of years. I can't say enough great things about the guy and he doesn't want any credit for anything. His faith absolutely dwarfs mine and is a constant inspiration.

Here's what he says about what his next few years is all about...

"I went on a short-term mission trip to Bolivia in the summer of 2006 and God called me there long-term. I currently live in La Paz and I am serving the marginalized children in the city - the orphans, the abused kids, the abandoned kids, the kids who live in the sewers, the kids who nobody wants because they have AIDS and the kids who have no model of Christ in their lives."

Check out his blog here for updates...

His last post while waiting for his plane knocked me down..."Whatever you are doing right now, please just stop and count your blessings. If you live in the United States you have been blessed beyond imagination. We are not just blessed when things go well. We are blessed. Period. It’s what we decide to do with our blessing that counts."

Thanks Curt for teaching me so much...More than you'll ever know...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

By Curt...........you mean Dale. Do they have Nascar in Bolivia? Viva la Nascar muchacho!