Monday, November 5, 2007

Why I do what I do...

As many of you know, I teach Sunday school (UpStreet) at Buckhead Church. I've been doing this for almost two years and I absolutely love it. Of all the things during the week that I do, this is by far my favorite thing that I honestly look forward to. I get the opportunity to hang out with 15 third graders that I think are about the coolest kids ever.

Well on Saturday night, Buckhead Church had Family Celebration which is an event where they baptize the kids (k-8th) that have accepted Christ as their Savior and want to publicly profess it. Well, one of the little girls in my group, Maggie Leigh got baptized. The cool part about it is they film a short one minute clip of the kids of why they are here getting baptized. Their testimony basically. Maggie Leigh was absolutely adorable and did such an incredible job.

Also, to make the night even better, one of the girls in Amanda's 7th grade group got baptized as well. She did such an amazing job as well and had a great testimony of why Christ is her Savior.

All in all, 19 kids got baptized. Watching their videos made me realize how complicated I make things some times. Some of their videos just hit me right in the gut and were like "Duh Jonathon, why do you make this harder than it is?"

It was by far the best B-Day present I've ever gotten...

No comments: