Monday, October 1, 2007

If only I was granola and liked rain...

I greatly apologize for my lack of blogging over these past couple weeks. I know there are several thousand people that sit clicking refresh all day long just waiting to see what I'm doing...OK, probably not, but it makes me feel important if that was really the case...

Actually, last Monday morning I took off out of John Wayne airport and headed to the Northwest for work. I haven't been to the NW since I was a wee little guy when the family took a trip up to Peugeot Sound for Thanksgiving. And I was quite surprised at what a treasure this part of the country is...Lots of trees, high blue skies, rolling hills and squirrels.

The dude that I was traveling is a pretty cool guy that I didn't know very well before this trip. It was kind of awkward at first but we got through after I told him a few knock knock jokes.

Basically, I flew into Portland, we hit up Central Oregon, Oregon Coast, Portland again and ended in Seattle on Thursday evening. The weather throughout the week was perfect if you like 75 degree weather with not a cloud in the sky...I didn't see a cloud until we got to Seattle.

During our travels, we ate at some awesome roadside seafood places and I got to see from afar the University of Oregon (The Quackers), Oregon State U. (Beav Beav) and Washington U. (Wolf Wolf). After we got done on Thursday with accounts we messed around in Seattle for the rest of the evening. Great city. A lot more liberal and eclectic than I would have thought. I saw the first ever Starbucks too. And I saw Bill Gates throwing fish at the Seafood Market...Nope, but that would be cool...

Anyways, great week. Glad to be back home though hanging with my beautiful fiancee and getting back into a routine...

I'm going to get back into blogging a tad bit more as I have several little things I would like to share that may be joy to your life...

I'm out, I'm tired...Here's a few pics from the trip...

View from my Holiday Inn Express balcony...

The city of Roseburg at dawn...For some reason I was up way too early

Oregon Coast...

Great roadside seafood joint...Clam chowder, dungeness crab cocktail, Fish(halibut) and Chips and a Dr. Pepper...Way too much...But oh so worth it...

The world famous seafood market in Seattle where they toss fish around...I applied but they said I didn't have the arm strength...

Only clouds I saw all week...

No comments: