Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Texas Adventure Part II

After the disaster with Delta, it was on. My boy Austin (The Groom) picked me up along with a couple dudes I hadn't met before, Mike and Carson. About a 4 hour trip later we ended up in Broken Bow, OK.

All the other boys were already there. I knew most of these guys already from the East Texas days. From then on it was all about eating, drinking, washers and water balloons. The cabin was absolutely awesome. Basically a Bass Pro Shops minus the spinnerbaits. Lee was all up on the grill during the weekend making sure stomachs were always full. We got into a little Texas Hold'em both nights and I was on team donate. We tried making it down to the lake on Sat. but there wasn't a good place to hang so we just chilled at the cabin all day playing washers. For those of you that don't know washers (I didn't either), it's basically a poor man's version of horse shoes. Mike W. and Trey were the champs although Travers and me had to bust the move in one of the last games of the evening.

Early on Sunday morning (1am or so) I decided a bonfire was needed so got all boyscout and built a good one. Carson and me ended up staying up to about 7am solving most of the problems of life. Great times.

All in all, a great trip with a bunch of good dudes that I wish I got to see more.

Here's a few of the pics but for all the action click here

The Homeboys

Deep thoughts looking into the fire

Our Ponderosa for the weekend

No comments: