Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My Holy Molie


On November 5, 2007, I made my first journal entry into my first moleskine...At the end of 2008, I filled the remaining pages with thoughts, prayers, drawings, etc...
Looking back on these pages of the last year, it's so ridiculously evident that God answers prayers and takes away our burden...Most of the journal entries at the beginning of the year were filled with anxiety, worry and doubt...It's crazy to see the transition of where I'm at now. It's also crazy to see when there's gaps in journaling and Bible reading, I come back crying in a fetal position. When there's consistency, there's a lot more joy and gratitude...

I just started a new moleskine for 09'...One of the things I want to focus on in 2009 and the rest of my life for that matter is giving God my time in the morning...I usually read and journal at lunch in a secluded cul-de-sac behind where I work. It's awesome and all but I want this to happen first thing in the morning and I want to be more consistent...When I say consistent, I mean everyday...even when I'm traveling and on the weekends...

I'm looking forward to a great 09' and beyond of going through His Word and putting these thoughts on a piece of paper...

2 comments:

Richard said...

Proud of you, man...not only for making the commitment, but also for going public!

Unknown said...

Morning is my favorite time to do my daily devotional. There is something about the quiet of early morning that lends itself to prayer to get the day off to a good start. I love you, Mims