Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Couple More Books...

During this last week in So. Cal, I had a bunch of free time to read. Yee Haw for me...

I finished up my 3rd Brad Thor book of the year. I really dig this dude's stories. It's mindless reading and I'm not really learning anything but it's just good ol' fashion action packed stuff.

The main character (Scot Harvath) is involved in yet another plot by a terrorist organization to take down is family and friends. Of course, he's a bad ass that totally goes against the grain of what the President or the CIA says...

I won't give it away...But in the end, dudeman gets the bad guy. I hope I didn't ruin it for anyone...

After I was finished with the above book, I found this dandy in my rent's house.

I've actually read a couple of other Ben Mezrich's books in the past. In fact, the movie "21" with Kevin Spacey is based on his book Bringing Down the House...

Needless to say, I was pretty stoked to find this book because I really enjoyed the others that I have read. The main character in this book is a young guy (24) that luckily gets hooked up with the NY Mercantile Exchange (NYMEX) through some pretty gutsy moves. After some gritty and smart work, he gets hooked up with the nephew of a powerful sheik in Dubai who works for the ministry of finance. Long story short, these guys were the masterminds that helped get the Dubai Mercantile Exchange up and running. Something that people laughed at when first proposed. It's now up and running...True story...Check it out...www.dubaimerc.com...Is fo' real...

I guess that about rounds out 2008 in terms of reading. I don't think I'll finish the book I'm reading now so that will have to go into 2009...Speaking of, I'm going to post my reading list here in the next couple of days. I've got a bunch of books picked out right now and trying to narrow down the final few...This year, I've read about 25 books...I'm shooting for 40 next year.

No comments: