Thursday, October 2, 2008

Tonight's Debate...


Watched tonight's debate start to finish...Loved it...

I thought both sides were phenomenal. Much more exciting than the presidential debate. Both candidates seemed much better prepared and offered more specifics than rhetihoric. Palin to me was much stronger, sincere and specific in domestic policy. Biden was amazing in foreign policy. Dude knows what's up when it comes to stuff across the pond. Overall, toss up in my mind. Of course, CNN has Biden the winner and Fox goes to Palin...What do ya know...

Additionally, I want to say that I was very impressed with the moderator Gwen Ifils. She was incredibly impartial and fair. The only think I wish was that she would have pushed both candidates to answer the questions more directly...Both hey, it's politics...

Roland Martin (CNN) said before the debate, that people should vote on the issues and not on who they like more personally (something to that affect). And you know what, I agree with the guy. I typically don't. The only thing with that statement though was that it was clearly a jab at Palin voters who like Palin and the person she is. What strikes me as so ironic though, is that most people that are probably going to vote for Obama are clearly voting for him because of style and not substance. And that's totally fine. If you connect with a candidate on a personal level and could care less about his/her policies, by all means vote for them. But for Martin, who is obviously a huge Obama fan to make such a statement is so lame.

Personally, I'm undecided as of right now. I have some fundamental differences in opinion with Obama, Biden and the democratic platform (and they have nothing to do with conservative social issues). And some of the things they have said recently pushes me away even further. Yet despite that, there is a part of me that really likes Obama. I'm seriously going to have to pray a bunch on this one. It's a tough choice and I want to make a vote for someone and not against someone.

I haven't wrote very much here regarding this political season. I've done this because I'd rather have a conversation with someone that seeing a debate run rampid on a blog. If you do post a comment, please be coherent and not stupid and divisive...There's enough of that...

No comments: