Friday, February 29, 2008

Want me to work on your engine????

This past week as part of my management training program I was enrolled in Module 1 Technician training. Yup, that's right, this desk boy got a wrench in my hand and got to get down with some nuts and bolts. It was a great week and I learned a bunch about our product. Huge props to Wayne the trainer and the two dudes that were in my lab group for being incredibly patient with my neophyte self.


Fortunately for Yamaha I didn't blow anything up this week. I did however almost drop myself while holding onto the leads of a digital multi meter gauge and firing up an engine...No bueno...A cuss word was said as several volts were transferred throughout my left arm...So dumb but it definitely gave the couple of old timers in my group a big laugh for the rest of the week.

Despite my lack of all mechanical know how I did pass the test and passed the class. I'm now officially on my way to becoming a master tech. Well, probably not, but I'll be taking more classes. Check Module 1 off the list as done done and more done...

Look at this in the mirror and you'll be able to read it...I just reached new levels of coolness with this...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of my AMAZING Fiance! You are such a stud!!!!

Ryan said...

Wow, I hope that was Amanda because otherwise my friend I think you have a stalker!!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you got your mechanical ability from the father's side of the family!!!! Have you gotten the feeling back in your arm yet? We love you and are very proud of you!!!