Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I Asked...She said "Yes"

Last night Amanda and I decided that we wanted to be all grown up and had one of the biggest night's of our lives...I proposed and she said yes. That's right ladies and gents, we are getting married. After a little over two and a half years it was so apparent that it was time. I won't go into all the details of the evening or the process but I'll give the 50 cent version and you can call for more details.

After Amanda and I decided to get back together a few months ago we just new that it was so right. God just made things so easy. We started talking about getting married a couple months back and began looking at rings. Well this past Saturday Amanda found something that she really liked. I was going back and forth in my mind whether or not I should do it and things were totally solidified on Sunday morning when I was with my group of 3rd Graders at Church. Here's the conversation that came up totally out of the blue...

Zoe: "Mr. Jonathon, do you have a girlfriend?"
Me: "Yes I do Zoe."
Zoe: "What's her name?"
Me: "Her name is Amanda."
Zoe: "Are you going to marry her?"
Me: "I'm think so."
Zoe: "Well you should. You need to go buy her a ring right after Church today and ask her to marry you."
Me: "Ok Then!"

So after Church on Sunday I ran up and made the purchase. After a bunch of phone calls to her family and mine, I said it's on for Tuesday night. I only picked Tuesday night because I get to pick up the ring on Tuesday and there was no way I was going to hold on to that thing for very long...So the decision was made...

I have to say that I am so blessed with my friends. With just making a few phone calls and a couple of emails it was all set.

So after several lies I had Amanda all dooped to meet up at Towerplace to meet at Copelands...Right next to Rusans where Amanda and I had our first date...Not to go into too much detail since the pics should explain, all our friends got there early to set up and we saved a strategic placed parking spot for Amanda to park in...I have to say I was nervous about everything going smoothly but was so excited that we were finally doing this. I will also saying I was a sweaty mess the entire time...

One quick story before the pics to explain the evening...On Tuesday for lunch our secretary got us Taco Bell for lunch. And to help once again make sure this was the right thing, the below sauce packet came along with my lunch...WOW!!!


Here's Amanda's sign in a parking spot that we had saved for her...Props to Brown Man for scoping things out to make sure she parked there...

This was the first sign that Amanda had to walk by...

And this was #2...

And #3...

The plan worked and Amanda reads the signs...

She walks out and sees me...

Me: "Hey there"
Amanda: "You look nice baby"
Me: "You know why we're here"
Amanda: "Is this really real?"
Me: "Yeah baby, are you ready to do this?"
Amanda: "Of course I am"
Me: "Then why don't you turnaround"
Amanda: "Oh my gosh"
Me: "So..."
Me: "Will you marry me?"
Amanda: "Yes, Yes, Yes"
I don't think I will ever be able to explain the deep emotions either of us had while this was happening but just the words don't do it justice...

The Big Question...

The priceless reaction...

The best answer...

Done and feeling so good about life...


I can't tell you how incredible and flawless things turned out. We have the best friends anyone could ever ask for. Big time props to the Amanda Jean (Amanda's bud) for getting her cheerleaders to make the kick butt sign...

No dates have been set yet but ideally we want to rock n roll with it on June 7, 2008 - Get it 6 - 7 - 8...Aren't we creative...

Obviously lots of details to come...

5 comments:

WT said...

dude, i'm crying. seriously. that's some serious game you spat.

that's just so awesome, and congratulations!!!

Cara Keating said...

Jonathon...you are so creative. I just love the story. Question, was the taco bell sauce planned or did you just so happen to get the package? I can't wait to celebrate in a few weeks. I am so happy for the two of you and can't wait for all that awaits...Cheers!

Cara

Anonymous said...

YES!

Congratulations, you two!!

Mr. Burns, WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY!!

You make a beautiful couple and all of us are blessed by you and the new family to be created on six, seven, eight.

Glorious Blessings,

Uncle Reg

Anonymous said...

hey man,
my wife and i were at austin and tams in tyler this weekend and told/showed me the news..just wanted to say congrats and awesome presentation and delivery! very happy for you and wish you the best.

Misty said...

Awesome story! I would not have expected anything less creative from you :) I can not wait to meet the lucky lady!!!!