Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Back to Business...

I apologize for the lack of blogging here lately as I've been on a long work trip over the past week and a half. Great trip. More details below.

I have several things I need to write about but first a few house cleaning items...

Check out Wes's post for some 4th of July pics on Lake Allatoona...

Definitely need to check out Curt's recent posts concerning his trip to Bolivia...Read it, you won't be disappointed...

Now back to my recent travels...

I first headed off to Shreveport, LA for the Skeeter Dealer Meeting. This is always a fun meeting for me because I get to see a bunch of people that I used to work with. Very fun meeting. If you get a chance to peruse the internet, check out www.theworldoffish.com. Pretty funny stuff. This guy hosted the awards banquet and he is freakin' hilarious.

After a few days in Shreveport, I headed to sunny Sarasota, FL. I've been to this meeting several times and the hotel that it is at is totally cool. Right on the water - Sarasota Bay. Once again, a great meeting and got to see a bunch of folks that I don't see enough. On Sat. when the meeting was done, my buddy Dean, his wife Paula and my bro Joe cruised on a boat for a while and beached it on this little island. We marinated in the sun for about 5 hours. Besides for the lobster red back, it was awesome. Sunday morning Joe and I made a run at some Tarpon but didn't see any. Nonetheless, great freakin' trip....

Here's an original 1948 Wooden Skeeter...Oldest Bass Boat company in the industry

Here's another....

Here's the newest of the new...iclass...a cool 50k and it's all yours...

Here's the new Yamaha F350 on back of a Century

Joe and me enjoying the meeting being done

Our tour guide Joe waiting as we got supplies for our boating adventures

Here's a Sarasota sunrise on Sunday...The only thing that would have made it better was a couple of Tarpon

No comments: